fondant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n candy made of a thick creamy sugar paste
- Bistro classics include a beautifully caramelized shallot tatin and dill-rich salmon gravadlax, king prawn and black pearl scallop skewers, and hot chocolate fondant with violet .
- Otherwise the roast chicken and guinea fowl are recommended, along with the fondant au chocolat, smothered in English cream.
- Light, whimsical, diverting on the surface, this sleek recreation by Franois Truffaut is deceptively sweetlike a fondant filled with vitriol.
News & Articles
- A cake to remember: Styrofoam Capitols edible lawn to serve 15,000
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Sara Lane has spent the last two months painstakingly designing and constructing a massive birthday cake for the impending Sesquicentennial celebrations, state officials said. It took her 240 hours and over 900 pounds of fondant f...
June 18, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- READER SUBMITTED: Cake Decorating Fun At Cragin
Learn how to transform a cake into a work of art. Join Chef Donna Kaik on Thursday, July 11, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., at Cragin Memorial Library to learn how to decorate a cake using fondant. This free class is suitable for beginner or experienced cake decorators. Participants are required to bring a 6" - 8" cake on a plate and a rolling pin to class; all other materials and supplies will be ...
June 17, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- Nigel Simeon McCulloch in BBC News
Rt Rev McCulloch said: "When people come and receive the chocolate they discover it is not just a gimmick, it's not an ordinary kind of chocolate fondant. This is a piece of fair trade chocolate." "The point then to make is that church isn't...