fondness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a predisposition to like something
he had a fondness for whiskey
- n a positive feeling of liking
- n a quality proceeding from feelings of affection or love
- I recall with great fondness my first visit to Nairobi in 1970 when Louis ceremoniously led me to the room housing the crown jewels of human evolution.
- Kurt Gdel was born in 1906 in Brunn, then part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and now part of the Czech Republic, to a father who owned a textile factory and had a fondness for .
- I know some things no Internet search could reveal: coffee makes her giddy, she has a fondness for sequined shoes and fresh-baked bread, and her unborn son has a 50% chance of .
News & Articles
- N. Pike’s Frith commits to Florida St.
Ethan Frith’s fondness for Florida State grew strong back in April during the Seminoles’ spring game. Friday’s camp was the icing on the cake.
June 16, 2013 - McComb Enterprise-Journal
- DNR works to meet electric demand in state parks
Devil’s Lake State Park ranger Jenny Hudson has seen campers’ fondness for electricity grow stronger over the past decade.
June 16, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- Summer prizes for all ages at Oakland Public Library (Community Voices)
I remember, with great fondness, playing the summer reading game at the little library in the small town where I grew up. It was a big homemade board game, and each child had their own piece that we got to move around the board as we read books and gathered prizes. Becoming a children’s librarian [...]
June 14, 2013 - Oakland Local
- Arthur Blank in USA Today
I obviously was very disappointed in those comments,Blank said. "I spoke to him about it, and he took responsibility for it. He felt badly about it and he apologized to the Atlanta. He has a real fondness for the community."
- Kevin Rudd in Sydney Morning Herald
Jane McGrath was, and will remain a source of inspiration and hope to all Australians, in particular to those personally affected by cancer,Mr Rudd said. "She will be remembered with great fondness for her work to help women and their...
- Seve Ballesteros in SI.com
I want to thank from the bottom of my heart everyone who has shown interest with great fondness for my health,Ballesteros said in the statement. "Many thanks. A big hug."