flushed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame
- v flow freely
The garbage flushed down the river
- v glow or cause to glow with warm color or light
the sky flushed with rosy splendor
- v make level or straight
- v rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid
- v irrigate with water from a sluice
- v cause to flow or flood with or as if with water
- s having the pinkish flush of health
- s (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion
flushed (or crimson) with embarrassment
- Another theory suggests that women, as caregivers who need to be particularly sensitive to, say, a child flushed with fever, have developed a sensitivity to reddish changes in skin .
- The Potomac reaches the nation's capital as a pleasant stream, and leaves it stinking from the 240 million gallons of wastes that are flushed into it daily.
- The mustangs are flushed from their hilly retreats by low-flying airplanes, whose pilots pursue the animals across the prairies until they are near exhaustion.
News & Articles
- United Way Toilet Paper Drive to Start Thursday Morning
SACRAMENTO– Volunteers of America spends an estimated $20,000 a year on toilet paper alone. Amber Murry with United Way says, “It’s something we all need and we all use. The cost can add up.” That’s $20,000 literally flushed down the …
June 13, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- Topeka City Council sets rules for private fire hydrants
The Topeka City Council on Tuesday evening required owners of private fire hydrants to annually ensure they are operable and flushed.
June 12, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- Ian Poulter in Richmond Times Dispatch
The wind was little down off the right-hand side, so it was a perfect 8-iron to go ahead and hit pretty solid,Poulter said. "I flushed it. As soon as it left the club, I knew it was going to be pretty good. Obviously, the bank on the...
- Kurt Warner in Washington Post
Team president John Shaw issued his second no-comment through a spokesman on Monday and the agent for quarterback Kurt Warner, Mark Bartelstein, said his client didn't want to get involved "until things are flushed out."
- Phil Mickelson in Forbes
I was just trying to get down there by the green in two,Mickelson said. "I still wanted to be left so I would have a good angle to the green, and I just flushed it. It came off perfect."