flowering : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the time and process of budding and unfolding of blossoms
- n a developmental process
the flowering of antebellum culture
- v produce or yield flowers
- a having a flower or bloom
a flowering plant
- To some church conservatives, the flowering of Cuernavaca Catholicism has seemed something of a wild growth.
- Yet that same open system of politics has encouraged a flowering of conservative religious thought and allowed the rise of homegrown terrorists, threatening the country's .
- Joseph's iconography often included a flowering staff in reference to an early non-Biblical account of the divine sign that he was chosen to be Mary's protector: his wooden rod .
News & Articles
- Helio Flora
There are plenty of flowering plants that bask in summer sun, and there are even some that have been named for that propensity.
June 19, 2013 - Santa Barbara Independent
- In the Garden: Your shrub might need some attention right about now
Spring-flowering shrubs provide a colorful backdrop for the first bulbs, and their blooms persist through the spring until the perennials burst forth with their summer color. In North Central Washington, we can grow a number of colorful, fragrant shrubs because our climate provides winter cooling and warm, moderately dry springs.
June 18, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Flowering rush test treatments will expand in Detroit Lakes
Detroit Lakes, MN (WDAY TV) -- Flowering rush test treatments will expand in Detroit Lakes this year, after past success.
June 15, 2013 - WDAY 6 Fargo
- Fidel Castro in Reuters India
The circumstances are more propitious than ever for the flowering of those ideas of revolution that Che spoke of,Castro said.
- Mercedes MorÃ¡n in Kansas City Star
It's a flowering of young filmmakers who have won international influence with a cinema that is very independent,said actress Mercedes Moran, who has starred in both of Martel's films, 2001's "The Swamp" and 2004's "The Holy Girl." "It's a...
- Lito Atienza in Manila Times
We have long taken great pride in our wealth of flora and fauna. We have more than 14,000 species of plants. Of these, 9,000 are flowering,Atienza said.