flowered : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v produce or yield flowers
- s resembling or made of or suggestive of flowers
- Michael sports an argyle sweater and flowered shirt.
- A tough-looking woman stands at the liquorless bar, wearing only a flowered blouse and high heels.
- When purebred red-flowered peas, for instance, are crossed with white-flowered ones, all the seeds grow into plants with red flowers.
News & Articles
- Sold Stuff: Judge Judy, the world's favorite retired...
Judge Judy, the world's favorite retired Manhattan Family Court-turned-TV arbiter, has sold her Manhattan pied-a-terre for $8.5M. The new buyer gained an 11th-floor corner unit, flowered upholstery, wood paneling, Central Park views, and hopefully a leftover gavel or two.
June 6, 2013 - Curbed
- Barack Obama in Earthtimes (press release)
When America hosts APEC in a few years, I look forward to seeing you all decked out in flowered shirts and grass skirts, because today I'm announcing that we are bringing this forum to my home state of Hawaii in 2011,Obama told the APEC...
- Achim Steiner in Earthtimes (press release)
No one could have imagined it could have flowered so fast and so far,UNEP executive director Achim Steiner said at UN headquarters.
- Stephen Harper in Inquirer.net
The seeds sown here 400 years ago have flowered into a magnificent city, a confident and proud Quebec nation and a Canada that is strong and free,Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper told an official ceremony.