- n the motion made by flapping up and down
- v move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion
- v move noisily
- v move with a thrashing motion
- v move with a flapping motion
The bird's wings were flapping
- v make a fuss; be agitated
- v pronounce with a flap, of alveolar sounds
- WowWee's flying insect soars, dive-bombs, hovers and glides using authentic flapping-wing action, which makes it the first commercially-available toy ornithopter.
- SwimmingItalyAge: 19 The world record holder in the 200m freestyle would set gums flapping over her athletic exploits alone.
- A soaked mass of humanity huddled under flapping tents, as the booms and bangs and drawn-out rumbles of the tempest sounded more and more like the admonitions of an irate demigod.
News & Articles
- How The Courts Changed The Direction Of Music
Talk about unintended consequences, sometimes a butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil really does have an affect on the weather in Brooklyn. The Chaos Theory analogy may be a bit dramatic but it does illustrate how an action with one intention can greatly affect another action that?s seemingly unconnected. Take for instance the fact that over the years there?s been a number of court rulings ...
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- Habitat’s Armed Forces build first of its kind In Charlotte
Flags representing each branch of military service, hung on the framework of a home under construction flapping in the wind as a construction crew sweated in the mid-morning sun.
June 15, 2013 - WBTV Charlotte
- Samaras Says Won’t Backdown on Greek Broadcaster Closure As Coalition Splinters
While we usually think of a butterfly's wings flapping as the cause of chaotic tornadoes around the world, in the case of Greece, it appears Samaras' comments that he "won't tolerate the sacred cows of Statism," after his closure of the nation's TV broadcaster ERT has sparked much more widespread angst than many could have known. Amid the coalition, the 'opposition' leader Tsipras has called for ...
June 12, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Bob Arum in International Herald Tribune
Everyone's afraid to fight him, except apparently Joshua,Arum said. "Antonio's not going to be dissuaded by guys flapping their mouth and saying things. When the money's up, somehow they have a way of disappearing."
- Brian Burke in CBC.ca (blog)
Ryan has been terrific, there's no question about it,said Burke. "Ryan Miller has been our best player. What I like best about him is that he's calm. He's not like Denis Lemieux in Slap Shot, screaming and yelling and flapping around. He's...