- s formed or conceived by the imagination
- s adopted in order to deceive
a fictitious address
- Instantly, this evoked comparisons in the media with another lone rogue, Nick Leeson, whose fictitious trades in Singapore lost $1.
- The quartet was convicted of pocketing federal funds intended for their fictitious community center.
- What quickly becomes clear is that workers such as Jenkins (most names in the book are fictitious) aren't selfless grinds; they have simply found satisfaction in their work in .
- Ramalinga Raju in Earthtimes (press release)
Raju, 53, stated in the document that Satyam had planned to acquire an infrastructure firm, Maytas last month in a "last attempt to fill the fictitious assets with real ones".
- Paul McCartney in Ninemsn
Eleanor Rigby is a totally fictitious character that I made up,McCartney said in a statement released to AFP by his publicists.
- Peter Lai in Baltimore Sun
It's a fictitious rebound. The figures are better than we thought, but they're still bad,said Peter Lai, investment manager at DBS Vickers in Hong Kong. "It's encouraging of course, but it's far too early to say we're seeing a revival in...