fictional : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a related to or involving literary fiction
clever fictional devices
a fictional treatment of the train robbery
- s formed or conceived by the imagination
a fictional character
- Unfortunately, the "mistresses get pink slips" story we read about turned out to be a least partly and likely completely fictional.
- Narrated by the fictional Donnie Hoyle--an angry, sarcastic, cuckolded Photoshop expert--it was launched in late December and ended 10 episodes later, in April, when Donnie .
- One admirer, Science-Fiction Writer Harlan Ellison, has estimated that there are only five fictional creations known in practically every part of the earth: Tarzan, Sherlock Holmes .
News & Articles
- History comes alive
HERNANDO — H.G. Wells' fictional time machine was used to transport him back into history.
June 22, 2013 - DeSoto Times-Tribune
- Fictional Franchise: The 'Mad Men' Edition
For the latest edition of our series that examines fictional characters and the real people who represent them in Congress, we explore "Mad Men."
June 21, 2013 - CQ Politics
- Movie preview: Mixing true crimes and fictional retribution in ‘The East’
Movie preview: Mixing true crimes and fictional retribution in ‘The East’ by Sean P. Means The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 20, 2013 12:57PM MDT When Zal Batmanglij and Brit Marling wrote the opening scene of their new thriller, “The East,” they knew it would grab the audience’s attention. In the scene, surveillance cameras capture the sight of crude oil oozing from the vents of a well ...
June 20, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Barack Obama in Dallas Morning News
It is a recognition that the fictional television couple, Harry and Louise, who became the iconic faces of those who opposed health-care reform in the '90s, desperately need health-care reform in 2009,Obama said in remarks prepared for his...
- Hugh Grant in BBC News
Mr Grant said he took action because he was tired of "almost entirely fictional articles about my private life".
- Carl Icahn in USA Today
Until now, I naively believed that self-destructive doomsday machines were fictional devices found only in James Bond movies,Icahn wrote. "I never believed that anyone would actually create and activate one in real life. I guess I never...