- n a city in north central Morocco; religious center
- n a felt cap (usually red) for a man; shaped like a flat-topped cone with a tassel that hangs from the crown
- After marching in a procession in the town of Clear Lake that included a troop of fez-wearing Shriners on motorcycles, Kemp was approached by a woman who pleaded, "Let me shake .
- Millions of Turks have abandoned the fez for the hat.
- At Nasser's behest, almost no one wears the little red fez any longer.
News & Articles
- Fez Programmer Not Returning For Fez II
Phil Fish was the creative force behind the original Fez, but he did have help. Renaud Bédard was the programmer on the game. If you've seen Indie Game: The Movie you will know that Bédard was an integral part of Fez. We reached out to Bédard to find out if he would be returning for the sequel , and he said no, he is not, but he is very excited for the game. Bédard's last work on Fez was ...
June 15, 2013 - Game Informer
- 'Fez 2' Debuted At E3!
Announced at E3's Horizon Indie Game Conference, Phil Fish's enigmatic, more-than-just-a-quirky-platformer, dimension-warping, cube-hunting, secrets-finding game "Fez" is getting a sequel! Details are light right now -- only a short, gameplay free trailer has been released. HORIZON TEASER from POLYTRON on Vimeo. After massive delays, "Fez" finally launched on XBLA on last year, with a re-release ...
June 13, 2013 - MTV
- Fez 2 announced [update: Disasterpeace involved]
In a surprise announcement at the end of the Horizon conference , it was revealed that Fez 2 is in development at Polytron. The brief trailer revealed little else, though the soundtrack sounded very similar to the work that composer Disasterpeace did for the original Fez . Update: The video's description confirms Disasterpeace's involvement. Fez 2 announced [update: Disasterpeace involved ...
June 13, 2013 - Joystiq
- Bono in FMQB
Bono told the paper, "We did some recording in Morocco last year. All the band went to an amazing religious music festival in Fez with some incredible sufi singers. It was a real humbling thing for a punk rock shouter, listening to these people who...
- Daniel Lanois in Malaysia Star
We've been invited as writers this time. I did three writing sessions with Eno and U2 - one in Fez, Morocco; two in France,Lanois said. "It's going great. We're regrouping in November."
- Morgan Spurlock in Washington Post
I didn't feel like I was in danger in Fez or Casablanca,Spurlock says. "But you can't deny the fact that since 2003 there have been suicide bombs that killed over 50 people. There is the potential to be killed even in Morocco by homegrown...