- n the act of spending money for goods or services
- v use up, consume fully
- v pay out
- Research shows that reduced commitment and diminished productivity even when people are expending more effort can linger for the better part of a year after a layoff takes .
- The Bush Administration talks of staying the course without expending nearly enough political or financial capital to mitigate the humanitarian catastrophe that it pretends does .
- In Iowa, where his campaign is expending minimal effort, Giuliani is running fifth in the latest surveys, behind Fred Thompson and John McCain, along with Romney and Huckabee.
News & Articles
- Pheasants Forever hires regional representative
Dan Bailey, Missoula, was recently hired as Pheasants Forever’s (PF) regional representative in the “Treasure State.” Bailey will work at raising and expending funds on wildlife habitat and conservati
June 9, 2013 - Sidney Herald
- Bob Bradley in Bloomberg
When you go down early in overtime it's just a case where you've put yourself into that spot once too many times and you're expending a lot of energy,coach Bob Bradley told reporters after the match. "We hurt ourselves with giving up the...
- Ted Strickland in Marietta Times
Instead of expending tens of millions of dollars and unproductive energy fighting an acrimonious campaign throughout the fall, both sides will be able to continue investing in our agricultural base and taking care of animals,Strickland said...
- David Stern in China Daily
It's our sense we should be very prudent in expending our work force because we have to see what the economy holds. On a league-wide basis we are meeting all our financial goals. We are where we want to be,Stern added.