expense : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n amounts paid for goods and services that may be currently tax deductible (as opposed to capital expenditures)
- n a detriment or sacrifice
at the expense of
- n money spent to perform work and usually reimbursed by an employer
he kept a careful record of his expenses at the meeting
- v reduce the estimated value of something
- The whole rationale of the expense-account societyaside from the benefits reaped by free-spenders of the company's moneyis that the uninhibited use of high-priced.
- Two-000 much: There was no point in explaining that the millennium doesn't start till 2001; the whole world was primed for a huge party, and spared no expense in carrying it out.
- Internal Revenue Commissioner Mortimer Caplin, a onetime amateur boxer who has been taking some quick professional jabs at expense-account living, last week issued his "final".
News & Articles
- SmartVault and Tallie Create End-to-End Expense Report Workflow System
SmartVault, a leading provider of Software as a Service (SaaS) document storage and sharing solutions, and SpringAhead, a leader in expense report automation and creator of Tallie, today jointly announced a uniquely powerful three-way integration with Intuit’s QuickBooks. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10842220.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- SmartVault Partnership Creates Expense Report Workflow System
Cloud-based document management service SmartVault has partnered with expense report product maker SpringAhead to create an expense report workflow system and integration with Intuit's QuickBooks.
June 17, 2013 - Accounting Today
- Top Health Executives Adopt Tellennium's Telecom Expense Management for Dramatic Cost Savings
Tellennium, a global industry leader in telecom expense management, mobility management and telecom enterprise consulting, is showing healthcare executives the way to tap hidden sa
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Henry Waxman in Christian Science Monitor
Time after time, it appears that BP made decisions that increased the risk of a blowout to save the company time or expense,he wrote. "If this is what happened, BPs carelessness and complacency have inflicted a heavy toll on the Gulf, its...
- Eric Cantor in USA Today
The plan seems to offer little incentive for private investors to participate unless the subsidy is made so rich that it comes at the expense of the taxpayer,House Republican Whip Eric Cantor of Virginia said.
- President Bush in Earthtimes (press release)
All of us, of course, would like to see ...... violence stop, but not at the expense of an agreement that does not prevent the crisis from happening again,Bush said.