- n a member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana
- n a Kwa language spoken by the Ewe in Ghana and Togo and Benin
- n female sheep
- She was cloned from a single mammary cell of an adult ewe, overturning long-held scientific dogma that had declared such a thing biologically impossible.
- The friends maneuver the ewe onto her rear haunches, exposing her belly, and with Jenkins wedging the furry animal between his knees, Fowler hands him a pair of electric shears.
- February 1997 Researchers at Scotland's Roslin Institute, led by Ian Wilmut, report that they have cloned a sheep, Dolly, from the cell of an adult ewe.
News & Articles
- Wilcks named best backyard barbecuer
Having the biggest smoker paid off for Todd Wilcks and his Hay Ewe Barbecue, earning him first place and People’s Choice at the Grillin’ and Chillin’ cookoff Saturday in Minden Park. Wilcks’ pork tacos went head-to-head against nine other backyard grillers for the Family Support Council fundraiser.
June 18, 2013 - The Record-Courier
- Former Purdue star Kramer re-signs with German team
Huntington native Chris Kramer has re-signed to play for German professional basketball team EWE Basket Oldenburg, according to the team's website Monday.
June 18, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Tony Blair in Ha'aretz
I believe and hope that over the next period of days we can reach a situation wher ewe get a policy in respect of Gaza that is right for Israel's security and is humane towards people in Gaza,he said.
- Richard Nixon in TimesCommunity.com
True Ewe is just 10 miles from our mother school [in Front Royal] and we just want to feel more unified ...... so our staff can be more in contact with each other,Nixon said.
- Ann M Veneman in Lawrence Journal World
This new, one-year program will give these producers a final opportunity to enhance the genetics of their ewe lamb breeding stock,Veneman said in a news release.