- v put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
- v engage or hire for work
How many people has she employed?
- a having your services engaged for; or having a job especially one that pays wages or a salary
most of our graduates are employed
- s put to use
- The data suggest that employed people who feel insecure in their job display similar levels of anxiety and depression as those who are unemployed.
- The majority are employed adults (children already have access to subsidized care); others are unemployed, self-employed, homeless, or have pre-existing conditions like .
- Massage therapists have the highest percentage of workers who are self-employed, but the best recession-proof job overall for the self-employed is network-systems and data .
News & Articles
- Sleepy Banker Transfers Millions
A sleepy bank employed dozed off briefly with his finger on the number 2 key of his computer, and by the time he woke up he had transferred 222,222,222 Euros ($293 million) to a person’s account instead of the 42 Euros ($80) that was supposed...
June 12, 2013 - ABC News
- Op-Ed: Thank You, Edward Snowden
Edward Snowden was employed by an intelligence firm working for the National Security Agency (NSA) and disclosed documents about a secret program that he reasonably believed violated the law. His revelations are performing a vital public service. As a nation, we are now entering into a more informed national debate about what sacrifices Americans are willing to make to enhance their actual ...
June 11, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Tax Tip: Monday, June 17, 2013, Is the Deadline for Self-Employed Individuals to File Their 2012 Income Tax and ...
The Canada Revenue Agency reminds self-employed individuals and their spouses or common-law partners that this year, the June 15 filing deadline has been extended to midnight on Monday, June 17, 2013, ...
June 10, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Sir Richard Dannatt in Telegraph.co.uk
Sir Richard said: "What the last two months have shown is that it is perfectly possible for Prince Harry to be employed just the same as other Army officers of his rank and experience. In deciding to deploy him to Afghanistan, it was my judgment...
- Johnny Depp in International Herald Tribune
Appearing by satellite from London, Depp said: "That this award comes from the people makes it all the more special. And thanks for keeping me employed."
- Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan Link
Ms Bhutto told reporters in Karachi that the threat was an attempt "to derail the democratic process because they know if the people are employed and educated the forces of extremism and terrorism will be weakened," AP reported.