- n an inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others
- n your consciousness of your own identity
- n (psychoanalysis) the conscious mind
- Much has happened to bolster her ego in the twelve years since Toscanini boosted her to fame by making her part of the great, emotion-charged concert that marked the postwar .
- That take-no-prisoners toughness is certainly entertaining, but behind the ego and bluster, O'Leary's real-life business performance is spotty.
- Google profiles are the search giant's fiendishly clever attempt to turn your ego-surfing pain into their gain.
- Matt Damon in Reuters UK
You gave an aging suburban dad the ego boost of a lifetime. My 9-year-old stepdaughter now thinks I'm cool - well, cooler,wrote Damon in a letter to People. "At the risk of being forward, if you asked me (which you didn't) I would suggest...
- Aretha Franklin in USA Today
I am not sure of whose toes I may have stepped on or whose ego I may have bruised between the Grammy writers and BeyoncÃ©, however, I dismissed it as a cheap shot for controversy,Franklin said. "In addition to that, I thank the Grammys and...
- Richard Eyre in International Herald Tribune
It is hard not to be Polyanna-ish about Paul because he is such a manifestly good man, so humane and decent, and curiously void of ego,said director Richard Eyre, former artistic director of Britain's National Theatre. "All the pride he...