- n a conceited and self-centered person
- n a self-centered person with little regard for others
- With all his business responsibilities, harddriving, hard-drinking egoist Glenn McCarthy (he keeps a full-length color photograph of himself in his office) is still as truculent .
- As the faded beau, Donald Sinden transparently masks an egoist's will of steel with extravagant slapstick.
- The persona he kicks off Out of England with is a variation on the one familiar to Office fans: Gervais as a self-regarding, clueless egoist.
- Dirk Nowitzki in Toronto Star
I hope he finally gets here,Nowitzki said. "He isn't an egoist, but a guy that wants to win with the team. The chemistry will work fine."
- Agatha Christie in Dallas Morning News
A complete egoist,British mystery writer Agatha Christie said of Hercule Poirot, her brilliant, diminutive, impeccably dressed Belgian detective. "The old spinster lady living in a village."
- Peter Gzowski in Globe and Mail
Back in the 1980s, Peter Gzowski described Pattison as "part altruist, part egoist, partly private, part showoff," and nowhere are the contradictions more apparent than here.