- n an inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others
- n an exaggerated opinion of your own importance
- But he is impossible to dislike, touches all political and sectarian bases and, in his complete lack of self-importance, is the anti-politician.
- The prominence and self-importance of many of the speakers here, coupled with a certain cultural sensitivity to behaving in ways that people from other countries might find .
- He really can't comprehend anything beyond the scope of his tiny, tiny little mind and it's hugely, hugely inflated sense of self-importance.
News & Articles
- Ex-NY Gov Spitzer offers life advice in new book
Former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer is offering life advice in a new book, saying "self-importance" can lead to a "dangerous arrogance" that often ends badly...
July 15, 2013 - News 10 NBC Rochester
- People,Places and Things
NEW YORK - Former Gov. Eliot Spitzer is offering life advice in a new book released as he campaigns for city comptroller, writing that "self-importance" can lead to a "dangerous arrogance" that often ends badly.
July 14, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Terence Cole in Turkish Press
AWB misled the Australian government and the UN by hiding its activities through "a closed culture of superiority and impregnability, of dominance and self-importance", Cole said.
- Ted Strickland in Mansfield News Journal
I think this interest in me has everything to do with Ohio and its perceived importance as a swing state, but I'm not letting it go to my head as far as a feeling of self-importance,Strickland said. "I feel it's a little preposterous of me...