dryer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an appliance that removes moisture
- a free from liquid or moisture; lacking natural or normal moisture or depleted of water; or no longer wet
- s humorously sarcastic or mocking
- a lacking moisture or volatile components
- a opposed to or prohibiting the production and sale of alcoholic beverages
- a not producing milk
- a (of liquor) having a low residual sugar content because of decomposition of sugar during fermentation
- a without a mucous or watery discharge; a small child with a dry nose"
- s not shedding tears
- s lacking interest or stimulation; dull and lifeless
- s used of solid substances in contrast with liquid ones
- s unproductive especially of the expected results
- s having no adornment or coloration
- s (of food) eaten without a spread or sauce or other garnish
- s having a large proportion of strong liquor
- s lacking warmth or emotional involvement
- s practicing complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages; I happen to be teetotal"
- When he grabbed his clothes from the dryer top, the first thing he noticed among his socks and boxers was a black thong.
- When they're clean, dry your clothes the natural way, by hanging them on a line rather than loading them in a dryer.
- To supply them, scores of companies began to make electric eyebrow tweezers, hair dryers, lotions, face and scalp vibrators, automatic foot and leg massagers, and hundreds of .
- Lewis Hamilton in International Herald Tribune
We thought it was the right way to go at the time because it was getting dryer, but the grip-level was poor so I came in and switched to extreme (wet tires),Hamilton said. "By the time I got out, it had begun to rain and I just missed the...
- Brett Lee in AFP
I think if reverse swing came into it, he would very much come into it,Lee told reporters at the Oval here on Monday. "I have not been out to the middle to have a look but traditionally it has been a surface or a dryer surface that does...
- Jeff Gordon in SportingNews.com
It just was wet,said Gordon, who according to NASCAR's rainout rules, will start second in Sunday's Auto Club 500 as the second-place finisher in 2007 owner points. "They would go through there with the jet dryer, and it just would...