dreadfully : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r of a dreadful kind
there was a dreadfully bloody accident on the road this morning
- r in a dreadful manner
- Teddy never mentioned Alice's deceased mother, a behavior Alice grew to describe as "dreadfully Victorian and mixed-up.
- Four months ago, the third assassination attempt this year left him dreadfully wounded.
- The reason, wrote Mirror Correspondent Davis Walker, a veteran World War II reporter, was due to the "dreadfully distorted" news coming from "Alice-in-Wonderland information .
News & Articles
- Morning Report: Shogun opens as slight underdog to Sonnen; Belfort says Mousasi needs to 'prove himself'
The past few days may have been dreadfully slow in mixed martial arts, but we'll be singing a different tune this time next week. One way or another, something remarkable is going to happen on Saturday. Either the greatest fighter in the history of the sport will add another notch to his already legendary belt, or a 29-year-old prodigy from Long Island will shock the world and reshape the ...
July 1, 2013 - SB Nation
- Local motor notes: Heart scare for veteran Grass Valley racer
Claire Holdaway knew something was dreadfully wrong. Her husband, Jack Holdaway, wouldn't have pulled off into pit lane at Monterey's Laguna Seca Raceway and hit the tire wall less than a lap into the race if he wasn't experiencing an emergency.
June 28, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Our Share Price Is Undervalued: DS Smith CEO
Miles Roberts, CEO of DS Smith, tells CNBC that he thinks the company is priced 'dreadfully cheap' by the markets.
June 27, 2013 - CNBC
- Gerry Adams in FOXNews
Adams said his constituents in Belfast's Catholic west side "suffered dreadfully under British military rule in the recent conflict."
- Vince Cable in Manchester Evening News
Mr Cable added: "The government seems to have mishandled this dreadfully. We have a combination now of being taken in for what's little better than a confidence trick, primarily in order to help the government to save face and I think they will be...
- John D Rockefeller in Times of the Internet
The shameful truth is that we are not poised to do this transition right,Rockefeller said in a statement. "We are only weeks away from doing it dreadfully wrong -- and leaving consumers with the consequences."