dismally : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a cheerless manner
in August 1914 , there was a dismally sentimental little dinner, when the French, German, Austrian and Belgian members of the committee drank together to the peace of the future
- r in a dreadful manner
as he looks at the mess he has left behind he must wonder how the Brits so often managed to succeed in the kind of situation where he has so dismally failed
- The third regiment of the 27th meanwhile had failed dismally to clean out a pocket of Japs in the southeast corner of the island.
- Looking solely for indications of honesty or dishonesty, he failed dismally.
- At this point the fastidious viewer may well wonder why he signed on for this ride through the heartless heartland with these dismally downtrodden human beings.
News & Articles
- On anniversary of key moment, memories fading about Poland's traumatic history
Ask young Polish citizens about their country’s communist era, and their eyes will likely glaze over. It takes people of a certain age to remember Cold War terms like “Warsaw Pact,” the former Soviet-occupied alliance east of the iron curtain. As Poland observes the anniversary of a significant milestone in its transition to democracy, the days of dismally long lines for commodities as basic as ...
June 5, 2013 - PRI Public Radio International
- Lim Kit Siang in NEWS.com.au
This reflects dismally on all ASEAN leaders and governments. They can definitely do more,said Lim Kit Siang, from the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Caucus which was formed in 2004 to push for democratic reform in Burma, also known as Myanmar.
- Jose Maria Sison in Bulatlat
The national debt keeps on increasing because there is no real development base for reducing the trade and budget deficits,Sison said. "The attempt of the regime to increase state revenues has dismally failed because of the underdeveloped,...
- Garnet Coleman in Dallas Morning News
You judge a state government ...... by how it treats the least fortunate among us,said Mr. Coleman, D-Houston. "Texas is either last or dismally failing in every category - the disabled, mentally ill and children."