- r in a dishonorable manner
he acted dishonorably
- r with dishonor
he was dishonorably discharged
- r in a dishonorable manner or to a dishonorable degree
- Chinaman was dictating in indignation: "Information has reached me in my retreat that persons in America and China insinuate that Herbert Hoover acted dishonorably in dealings .
- And so, when politicians criticize a mission, the reflexive military reaction is to assume they are acting dishonorably, putting politics above duty.
- Likely to be the heaviest burden for some of them to bear (unless there is clemency) is the fact that when they get out of prison all will be dishonorably discharged.
News & Articles
- President Obama’s Comments Could Get Military Sex Abusers Off The Hook
When President Barack Obama said that people who commit sexual assault in the military should be “prosecuted, stripped of their positions, court-martialed, fired, dishonorably discharged” in a White House speech in May, he might not have realized how those individuals charged with assault would begin to argue that they can’t get a fair trial. Defense attorneys and judges in at least a dozen ...
July 14, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Obama's talk on sex assault stirs up cases
WASHINGTON -- When President Barack Obama proclaimed that those who commit sexual assault in the military should be "prosecuted, stripped of their positions, court-martialed, fired, dishonorably discharged," it had an effect he did not intend: roiling legal cases across the country.
July 14, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Richard Nixon in Christian Science Monitor
In a July 1971 meeting with Krogh's boss John Ehrlichman (counsel to the president), Nixon described his plan to undermine Ellsberg: "I really need some [SOB] ...... who will work his butt off and do it dishonorably," said Nixon. "We are...
- chairman Prachanda in Xinhua
The King will not be removed forcefully or dishonorably,Prachanda said, adding, "we have started talks with people close to the King."
- Morris Davis in Washington Post
I tell the truth, and I get labeled as having served dishonorably,Davis said in an interview yesterday. "I'm very concerned about the chilling effect . . . on the process."