- n an inclination or desire; used in the plural in the phrase `left to your own devices'
eventually the family left the house to the devices of this malevolent force
the children were left to their own devices
- n an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose
- n something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect
- n any clever maneuver
- n any ornamental pattern or design (as in embroidery)
- n an emblematic design (especially in heraldry)
- Dashboard GPS devices are thieves' hot new target.
- A new generation of devices is moving computing power off the desktop and into everyday items--TVs, phones and even park benches--making access quick, easy and less costly.
- Unlike most devices from the smartphone maker based in Waterloo, Canada, the Storm won't have a physical keyboard, allowing for a larger, 3.
News & Articles
- Advanced Micro Devices may bounce back with new servers: Barron's
(Reuters) - Prospects are looking better for Advanced Micro Devices Inc, the No. 2 maker of microprocessors for personal computers whose revenue fell sharply last year, as computer servers acquired last year in its purchase of tiny startup company SeaMicro bolster results, Barron's said. "SeaMicro offers AMD a chance to take share in the mainstream server-computer market, in which Intel sells ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Foot & Ankle Devices Market Revenue is Forecasted to Reach $4.5 Billion in 2017 From $3.2 Billion in 2011, at an ...
Foot & Ankle Devices Market report analyzes and studies the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World. (PRWeb June 16, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/foot-and-ankle/devices-market/prweb10834745.htm
June 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- Devices you may have missed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo
In the nearly three full days at E3, you had a chance to run across the smaller peripheral devices often times literally overlooked on the floor -- things like the Bladepad, the Stinky Gaming Footboard, and the Scosche SmartRoll. For this edition of Tech Beat, YNN's Adam Balkin takes us to the Electronic Entertainment Expo.
June 15, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- Steve Jobs in Huffington Post (blog)
Flash is a successful business for Adobe, and we can understand why they want to push it beyond PCs. But the mobile era is about low power devices, touch interfaces and open web standards - all areas where Flash falls short,Jobs wrote....
- Howard Koh in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Cigarettes are finely tuned drug delivery devices, designed to perpetuate a tobacco pandemic,said Howard Koh, an associate dean for public health practice who worked on the analysis. "Yet precise information about these products remains...
- Sarah Vowell in San Francisco Chronicle
The world is going wireless, and we must not fall behind. This new era in global technology leadership will only happen if there is adequate spectrum available to support the forthcoming myriad of wireless devices, networks, and applications that... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA AFP http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5itl2c4BrbX2DrZPJenqMd7aIPUfQ&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGinDP2Ue0r7j2a1hn2c_YQm2xFyw Jun 28, 2010
27218 35966 devil-may-care Puritan lives were overwhelmingly, fantastically literary," writes Vowell, bringing home her title. "The country that became the US bears a closer family resemblance to the devil-may-care merchants of New Amsterdam than it does Boston's...