- v reason by deduction; establish by deduction
- v obtain
derive pleasure from one's garden
- v come from
The present name derives from an older form
- v develop or evolve from a latent or potential state
- v come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example
- Our rights derive from nature and are secured "by the consent of the governed," Franklin felt, not by the dictates or dogmas of any particular religion.
- All these activities derive from essential places in us.
- It seems to me, however, that it could also derive from the women in her life.
News & Articles
- As federal agencies trim fat, contracts feed billions in profits to 59 companies
As lawmakers take up austerity measures and the Defense Department and other agencies grapple with difficult budget choices, some contracting companies that derive their income entirely from the federal government have grown increasingly fat. Last year, 59 major publicly traded government contractors earned a combined $36 billion in profits nearly ...
June 20, 2013 - The Washington Times
- iCORE Global Partners with CORT Business Services to Deliver Increased Value to Clients
iCORE has been providing commercial real estate services in over 267 major markets worldwide for the past 28 years. Now, in addition to offering superior commercial real estate services, iCORE will be able to provide clients with furniture solutions via CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway company, to derive superior value from their real estate. (PRWeb June 20, 2013) Read the full story at http://www ...
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Stock Upgrades: Adobe Systems Incorporated Is No 'Flash' in the Pan
Early buzz about The Wolf of Wall Street centers on the enjoyment its characters derive from dwarf tossing . Yet with the small cap Russell 2000 Index (^RUT) having just hit the highest
June 19, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Gordon Brown in AFP
In these moments of sorrow and sadness, we must never forget why we are in Afghanistan and why people are making the sacrifice that they are making,Brown said Sunday. "Three-quarters of the terrorist plots that hit Britain derive from the...
- Jeffrey Loria in Palm Beach Post
It's a function of revenues, and we were not really able to derive any revenues out of (Dolphin Stadium),Loria said about a payroll that will be among the lowest in the league for the third consecutive season. "As we get closer to the...