- v reason by deduction; establish by deduction
- v conclude by reasoning; in logic
- From the size of the footprints the investigators deduced that the thief had large feet.
- Only what we can measure and deduce from measurement is true.
- They can see the shrunken wrinkles that let a murderer kill without conscience, and the overgrown folds that let an Einstein deduce the secrets of the universe.
News & Articles
- Maria Sharapova Passive-Aggressively Ethers Serena Williams
Outside of those Steubenville comments , Serena Williams gave other eyebrow-raising quotes in her Rolling Stone interview , specifically one about Maria Sharapova. While speaking with Stephen Rodrick, Williams unfavorably talked about Sharapova and her boyfriend (Williams's ex) without saying her name. It was easy to deduce who she was talking about, though. The excerpt: "There are people who ...
June 22, 2013 - Deadspin
- Jo Vandeurzen in USA Today
I deduce from the statement of the Chairman of the Court of Cassation that it cannot be guaranteed that my actions in the Fortis dossier were legal,Vandeurzen said in his letter of resignation.
- Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn in New York Times
You can deduce that we were convinced that he was the man God had indicated to us,said Cardinal Christoph SchÃ¶nborn.
- Joe Barton in USA Today
If, say, two video packets need to be transmitted, we equip an additional data packet with the result of the sum of the bytes in the two video data packets. If any of these three data packets gets lost, we can deduce the content of the original... Thomas Wiegand http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Wiegand&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGHRj8I7SgC5yyDVJbl-fY1pzyNoQ Science Daily (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080905072130.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFqhCA2rulkbjCO5wPIAB0EfmAkdA Sep 5, 2008
25646 34465 deduct You leave it up to the states to say you can't have an income level over 300% (of poverty), but you can deduct $20,000 for a housing allowance or you can deduct $15,000 for shelter or whatever," said Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas. "So, what...