- v deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning)
- v develop or evolve from a latent or potential state
- People who wonder what Candidate Hoover stands for in a political way can educe the following from his public utterances (usually made with a minimum of enthusiasm) :.
- He spreads them out, classifies them; then pores, probes, weighs, analyzes, to educe both a composite picture of the author and a meticulous evaluation of the cumulus itself.
- If he is able to demonstrate the innate intelligence of the infant, it may remind educators of the root meaning of their profession, which is to educe, or lead out, rather than .