- n the act of refusing to comply (as with a request)
it resulted in a complete denial of his privileges
- n the act of asserting that something alleged is not true
- n (psychiatry) a defense mechanism that denies painful thoughts
- n renunciation of your own interests in favor of the interests of others
- n a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him
- The fine journalists and staff of your publication deserve better than to be tarnished by this association with genocide denial.
- On August 1, ninth anniversary of Germany's entry into the World War, the Berlin press made its annual denial of the German Empire's War guilt.
- This is certainly not a "non-denial denial" -- the kind that the Nixon Administration gave to Woodward and Bernstein.
News & Articles
- Currituck planners urge denial of town house project
“People can’t afford to live on the beach, so I wanted to present something that would satisfy that need.” CURRITUCK — County planning officials are recommending denial of a vacation rental company’s proposal to build affordable housing for local workers in Lower Currituck.
June 15, 2013 - The Daily Advance
- Steamboat developer prefers denial of community housing plan to other options
On Thursday night, the Planning Commission voted unanimously to recommend denial of Emerald Heights’ community housing plan to City Council with an added note to look at the meeting’s minutes.
June 14, 2013 - The Steamboat Pilot & Today
- Connecticut Inmate Granted New Trial for Denial of His Constitutional Right to an Attorney's Assistance in his Defense
Connecticut prisoner Gene Newland, represented by Ruane Attorneys At Law, brought a lawsuit against the State of Connecticut for an alleged denial of his rights. According to court documents, trial Judge Susan Cobb issued a decision on June 10, 2013 that the state had unequivocally violated Newland's constitutional right to an attorney and reversed his conviction. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the ...
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb