demurrer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (law) a formal objection to an opponent's pleadings
- n (law) any pleading that attacks the legal sufficiency of the opponent's pleadings
- n a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him
- So, PTI should loyally apologize, and not just "note the demurrer.
- But after a conference with lawyers for both sides, he put it on the main line to the Supreme Court by handing down an unwritten decision granting the demurrer on the grounds .
- If the demurrer is granted, Attorney Arnold will be able to take the case directly to the Supreme Court.
News & Articles
- State Parks responds to off-roading lawsuit
California Department of Parks and Recreation has responded to a lawsuit seeking to suspend the open riding policy at the Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA). The state filed a demurrer with Superior Court of Sacramento that argues the petitioners, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER) and The Desert Protective Council, cannot ask a court to intervene and ...
Aug. 24, 2013 - Ramona Sentinel