defeated : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n people who are defeated
the Romans had no pity for the defeated
- v win a victory over
- v thwart the passage of
- a beaten or overcome; not victorious
the defeated enemy
- s disappointingly unsuccessful
- Proposition K, which would have prohibited police officers from enforcing prostitution laws and limited resources for anti-prostitution outreach programs, was defeated 58% to 42 .
- The amendment was defeated nearly 3 to 1.
- That's because, although defeated, although dead, this man is frightening.
- President Bush in Bay News 9
Unfortunately, the measure was defeated by a narrow margin,President Bush said in a brief televised address at the White House. "I'm disappointed by the outcome, but I assure our citizens, and citizens around the world, that this is not...
- Mahinda Rajapakse in BBC News
Speaking in Jordan before returning to Sri Lanka, President Rajapaksa said: "My government, with the total commitment of our armed forces, has in an unprecedented humanitarian operation finally defeated the LTTE militarily. I will be going back to a...
- Ayman al-Zawahri in Washington Post
What they claim to be the strongest power in the history of mankind is today being defeated in front of the Muslim vanguards of jihad six years after the two raids on New York and Washington,al-Zawahri said, speaking in what appeared to be an...