- s lacking protection or support
- s lacking weapons for self-defense
- r without defense
- Captain, or colonel, or knight in arms, Whose chance on these defenceless doors may seize If deed of honor did thee ever please, Guard.
- The whole city defenceless .
- In this new costume, I was as slender as my small waist, and I did not have to agonize over how my poor defenceless legs were looking from the rear.
News & Articles
- Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
I condemn in the strongest terms yesterday’s terrorist attack at Nairobi’s Westgate Mall. This premeditated act, targeting defenceless civilians, is totally reprehensible. The perpetrators must be brought to justice as soon as possible.
Sept. 22, 2013 - United Nations
- Cardinal Renato Martino in Reuters
Defenceless populations are always the ones who pay. Look at the conditions in Gaza: more and more, it resembles a big concentration camp,said Cardinal Renato Martino, president of the Vatican's Council for Justice and Peace.
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in Reuters
All Palestinian combatants and all the Islamic world's pious people are obliged to defend the defenceless women, children and people in Gaza in any way possible,Khamenei said.
- Mullah Mohammad Omar in Reuters India
I would like to remind the illegal invaders who have invaded our defenceless and oppressed people that it is a golden opportunity for you at present to hammer out an exit strategy for your forces,Omar said on the day of Eid al-Adha, the...