- n the act of terminating a life
- n the destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile
the pilot reported two kills during the mission
- v cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly
This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank
The farmer killed a pig for the holidays
- v thwart the passage of
kill a motion
- v end or extinguish by forceful means
- v be fatal
drunken driving kills
- v be the source of great pain for
These new shoes are killing me!
- v overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration
The comedian was so funny, he was killing me!
- v hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games
She killed the ball
- v hit with great force
He killed the ball
- v deprive of life
AIDS has killed thousands in Africa
- v cause the death of, without intention
She was killed in the collision of three cars
- v drink down entirely
She killed a bottle of brandy that night
- v mark for deletion, rub off, or erase
kill these lines in the President's speech
- v tire out completely
The daily stress of her work is killing her
- v cause to cease operating
kill the engine
- v destroy a vitally essential quality of or in
Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods
- For India's langur monkeys, infanticide works In his classic work On Aggression, Nobel Laureate Konrad Lorenz argued that man is the only species that regularly kills.
- EL SALVADORThe leftist offensive is not final, after all In the tiny, crowded killing ground that is El Salvador, 10,000 people died by violence last year.
- Those IEDs used a molten ball of copper to punch through the armor of American vechicles to kill or main the passengers.
News & Articles
- Floods Kill 23 in Northern India; Dozens Missing
Torrential rain and floods washed away buildings and roads, killing at least 23 people in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand, officials said Monday.
June 17, 2013 - International Herald Tribune
- Brooklyn Drivers Kill The Most People In NYC
Speeding drivers kill more people in Brooklyn than any other borough, and 88% of Brooklyn drivers break the 30 mph speed limit, according to an analysis of 2011 traffic data by Transportation Alternatives. The data, which was obtained by the Post, builds an even stronger case for speed cameras: only 2,028 speeding citations were handed out in Brooklyn in 2011, but TA clocked 2,232 speeding ...
June 16, 2013 - Gothamist
- Gunmen in Pakistan Kill 2 Anti-Polio Workers
Pakistan police say gunmen kill 2 anti-polio workers during a vaccination drive in northwest
June 16, 2013 - ABC News
- Barack Obama in Town Hall
Those who attacked America on 9/11 are plotting to do so again,Obama said. "If left unchecked, the Taliban insurgency will mean an even larger safe haven from which al Qaeda would plot to kill more Americans. So this is not only a war...
- Amy Winehouse in FOXNews
The doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs, it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her,Mitch Winehouse told the Mirror. "There are nodules around the chest and dark marks. She has 70 percent lung capacity."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in U.S. News & World Report
The former vice president to George W. Bush added: "He seems to think if he has a low-key response to an attempt to blow up an airliner and kill hundreds of people, we won't be at war."