- n an event that causes someone to die
- n the act of terminating a life
- n a very large profit
- v cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly
- v thwart the passage of
- v end or extinguish by forceful means
- v be fatal
- v be the source of great pain for
These new shoes are killing me!
- v overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration
The comedian was so funny, he was killing me!
- v hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games
- v hit with great force
- v deprive of life
- v cause the death of, without intention
- v drink down entirely
- v mark for deletion, rub off, or erase
- v tire out completely
The daily stress of her work is killing her
- v cause to cease operating
- v destroy a vitally essential quality of or in
- s very funny
a killing joke
- The brutal slaying of Annie Le highlights the problem of jobsite brutality, though workplace killings are actually declining.
- EL SALVADORThe leftist offensive is not final, after all In the tiny, crowded killing ground that is El Salvador, 10,000 people died by violence last year.
- In the end, almost everyone is against killing doctors who practice abortion, though it is a little hard to understand why.
News & Articles
- 'Killing Kennedy' pics: See Rob Lowe and Ginnifer Goodwin as Jack and Jackie
The first photos from National Geographic's film "Killing Kennedy" are out, and as we suspected, Rob Lowe and Ginnifer Goodwin very much look their parts as John and Jacqueline Kennedy.The movie, based on Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard's book about the JFK assassination, is currently filming in Virginia and is set to premiere in November, around the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death. It will ...
June 14, 2013 - Zap2It
- ‘Killing Season’ Trailer: John Travolta Hunts Robert DeNiro for Revenge
The first trailer for the action-thriller ‘Killing Season’ pits Robert DeNiro against John Travolta (with an Eastern European accent).
June 14, 2013 - Screen Rant
- Book Review: Killing Ideas: You can Kill an Idea, You Can't Kill an Opportunity! - by Pam Henderson
Book Review: Killing Ideas: You can Kill an Idea, You Can't Kill an Opportunity! - by Pam Henderson Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:00 pm, Sunday, June 9, 2013 "An ever-growing world population provides an endless potential for creative change, and ...
June 14, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Hilda Solis in The Associated Press
We are not saying go out of business. Do your job better. Make an investment in your employees. We want you to make a profit but not at the expense of killing your employees,Solis said at a conference of the National Association of Latino...
- caliph Omar in Aberdeen Press and Journal
Zahid Umar, 25, a frequent visitor to the Lahore shrine, said: "America is killing Moslems in Afghanistan and in our tribal areas, and militants are attacking Pakistan to express anger against the government for supporting America."
- Osama bin Laden in FOXNews
One is from our side, and it is to escalate the fighting and killing against you. This is our duty, and our brothers are carrying it out,bin Laden said.