- n any of various platforms built into a vessel
- n street name for a packet of illegal drugs
- n a pack of 52 playing cards
- n a porch that resembles the deck on a ship
- v be beautiful to look at
- v decorate
deck the halls with holly
- v knock down with force
He decked his opponent
- Other card players found the possibilities of the new deck intriguing.
- Don Laviletta, riding his motorcycle on the upper deck, described how the roadway bulged and rippled toward him "like bumper cars -- only you could die in this game.
- On its 4-acre deck, even as midnight approached, sailors and their officers worked amid a terrific din of pumps and engines and catapults.
News & Articles
- Deck collapses at popular Miami-area sports bar
The outdoor deck at a popular Miami-area sports bar partially collapsed during the NBA Finals, sending dozens of people into the shallow waters of Biscayne Bay. The accident occurred around 9:45 p.m. Thursday ...
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Deck at sports bar collapses; Heat fans spilled into water
A deck behind a popular sports bar in Miami-Dade County collapsed Thursday night, spilling scores of customers watching the Heat-Spurs game into the bay waters.
June 14, 2013 - The Palm Beach Post
- Deck collapse at Miami-area sports bar
The outdoor deck at a popular Miami-area sports bar partially collapsed during the NBA Finals, sending dozens of people into the shallow waters of Biscayne Bay.
June 14, 2013 - WABC-TV New York
- Van Jones in BBC News
I cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting for the future,Mr Jones wrote in his resignation letter.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Edmonton Journal
We need all hands on deck because there is a huge amount to do, and not much time to do it,she said. "The melting of sea ice, glaciers and permafrost will affect people and ecosystems around the world, and understanding how these changes...
- John McCain in ABC News
I was on board the USS Enterprise,McCain, a former naval aviator, said in the capital city of Harrisburg. "I sat in the cockpit, on the flight deck of the USS Enterprise, off of Cuba. I had a target. My friends, you know how close we came...