- v make more beautiful
- v be beautiful to look at
- v make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
beautify yourself for the special day
- In everything she created, she challenged the notion that fashion was meant to beautify or to be beautiful.
- At issue was "People's Park," a vacant lot owned by the University of California and taken over by a band of students and hippies to occupy and beautify for their own use.
- Driven by her evangelical belief that art can not only beautify but also pacify, Golden, now 51, has spent the past 20 years enlisting as many communities as possible--mostly .
News & Articles
- Winter Garden in Bloom plans beautification
Winter Garden in Bloom, in conjunction with other community partners, plans to beautify the community throughout June and July. A community workday has been set for Friday, June 28, starting at 9 a.m. at the Community Garden, which is located at the corner of 9th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.
June 12, 2013 - West Orange Times
- Moscow beautification project advances
It’s been 15 years since the City of Moscow has attempted any significant effort to beautify its entryways. Now, Bill Belknap, community development director for the City of Moscow, said the Moscow City Council seeks ...
June 12, 2013 - The Argonaut
- Salisbury Allowed To Rehab, Demolish, Or Sell Vacant Homes
SALISBURY, Md. - In an effort to continue to beautify Salisbury, Monday, the City Council approved an ordinance that could let the Wicomico County Circuit Court appoint someone to rehabilitate, demolish,
June 12, 2013 - WMDT Salisbury
- Vladimir Putin in Reuters.uk
What is a unipolar world? No matter how we beautify this term it means one single centre of power, one single centre of force and one single master,Putin told an annual gathering of top security and defence officials in southern Germany.
- Rick Perry in Houston Chronicle
She inspired generations of Americans with her graceful strength, unwavering commitment to family and keen sense of social justice,Perry said. "Her unflagging efforts to beautify our highways and byways are a lasting legacy, through which...
- Rod Blagojevich in Chicago Sun-Times
While the cost to remove and dispose of infested ash trees can be substantial, the greatest cost from the destruction this beetle causes is the loss of trees that beautify our streets and neighborhoods,a statement from Blagojevich said....