- And he cannot abide play-by-play colleagues who prettify their reporting to please the network, the sponsors or the various leagues.
- Archie Bunker tries to prettify his look-alike houseBetween downtown, with its Promethean towers, and suburbia, with its manicured lawns, are the vast gray areas of the.
- It does not prettify the rigors of cancer treatment, and it does not pump out a cloud of cheap sentiment when things start to go bad for the patient.
News & Articles
- A Makeup Line for Women That Helps Women
Beauty products are often purchased for personal, self-enhancing reasons. Even though the other people in our lives may benefit when we conceal our dark circles, sallow skin, or dirty hair, we mostly prettify ourselves because we're vain. We're not really thinking about others when we purchase lipsticks that flatter, foundations that ... More »
Aug. 27, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Warren Beatty in PopMatters
Both Beatty and Penn defend the film's depiction of bloody violence, the director noting that violence was "imbedded in the characters they were playing" and Beatty saying, "We didn't prettify killing."
- Paul Krugman in Consortium News
In a second column entitled "Don't Prettify Our History," Krugman argues that "we aren't doing the country a favor when we present recent history in a way that makes our system look better than it is. Sometimes the public needs to hear...
- Michael Heseltine in Liverpool Echo
Lord Heseltine said: "The garden festival was about reclaiming 600 acres of toxic land to get a development site, and temporarily green and prettify it." "Unfortunately, it was so popular that no-one could face up to the fact it had to be...