decade : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a period of 10 years
- n the cardinal number that is the sum of nine and one; the base of the decimal system
- You've got to figure 2009 will see another decline in income, in which case Americans will end the decade significantly less well off than when they started it.
- The Past Decade: A Romantic Era Man tends to think of the future as if it were a distant country, across an ocean of time.
- About a decade ago, one promoter offered ABBA a billion dollars, easily turned down, for a reunion tour.
News & Articles
- GM targets 10 pct. pretax margin by mid-decade
GM targets 10 pct. pretax margin by mid-decade Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 1:05 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 DETROIT (AP) — Cost-cutting efforts and fresh new vehicles should help General Motors Co. boost its North American pretax profit margin to 10 percent by the ...
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Spokane Indians attendance remains strong for more than a decade
SPOKANE, Wash. -- The Spokane Indians have dominated the Northwest League in fan attendance for more than a decade. The average fan attendance for each game is between 4,700 and 4,800. Every year the Spokane Indians draw on average 180,000 fans. Team Senior Vice President, Otto Klein says those numbers rank third in the nation for this level of baseball. "It's really regardless of team success ...
June 15, 2013 - KREM.com Spokane
- Relay for Life Allen celebrates decade of fundraising
Relay for Life Allen will celebrate a decade of existence Friday when residents hit the track at Allen High School to raise money for the fight against cancer.
June 15, 2013 - The Allen American
- Barack Obama in IBLS INTERNET LAW (subscription)
Such leads, he said, have "aided countries around the world in preventing or investigating many of the past decade"s most visible and violent terrorist attacks."
- Bill Belichick in Tampa Tribune
From nearly the day he arrived in 2001, Richard Seymour established himself as one of our premier players for nearly a decade,Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Sunday.