- n the cardinal number that is the sum of nine and one; the base of the decimal system
- n a United States bill worth 10 dollars
- In a business where money talks, Brando is now being hailed as "a real drag-'em-in big-tenner like nobody since Clark Gable.
- Above this symbol of Capital, in the tower, sits the old five-and-tenner Frank Winfield Woolworth himself, observing the seagirt isle with the proprietary air of King Kong.
- They say "chonging" for charging, "serrisfied" for satisfied, "tenner" for tenant.
News & Articles
- 'Donovan' speaks softly and carries a big stick
Liev Schreiber stars as Ray Donovan in Showtime's 'Ray Donovan.' / Suzanne Tenner/SHOWTIME “Ray Donovan” • 10 p.m. Sundays, Showtime; after “Dexter” • Debuts today, rerunning at 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.
June 30, 2013 - DeWitt-Bath Review
- John Terry in ESPN
In the week I needed a little trim but we weren't allowed to leave the hotel,Terry said. "I asked Wazza and he obliged. He did alright as well. I'm pleased with it and might go back. He was asking for a tenner but I owe it to him."
- Jacqui Smith in The Publican
Speaking in February, Smith said: "Research by Alcohol Concern has found there are still too many licensed premises that are not managed responsibly." "There are still promotions for 50p shots and all-you-can-drink for a tenner nights."...
- Helen Caldicott in Los Angeles Times
I gave my usual hard-hitting and emotional speech,Caldicott wrote in a 1997 memoir. "At the end, a retired Superior Court judge . . . named Jack Tenner got up and fixed the audience with a beady eye. Dark, short, stocky and intense, he...