decadence : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities
- An age of decadence is a ripe time for parody.
- I think the word decadence is an excuse used by the self-righteous to impose their morality on other people.
- And they see a continuing decadence.
News & Articles
- Disruption caused by ACL warrants proper compensation
The once powerful Roman Empire slowly lost its way through corruption, debt, decadence and greed, resulting in loss of the very focus and drive that built that once powerful nation.
June 11, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- SoHo bakery's crunchy, sweet croissant-doughnut sells out fast
Oh the pull of that elusive reservation at the hot new restaurant. And double-oh the sweet and fatty decadence of a well-made dessert. Combine the two foodie emotions and you’ve got the Cronut. There’s a frenzy goin’ on — Manhattan style — for the croissant-doughnut hybrid that went on sale in limited quantities about four weeks ago at the tiny downtown shop of French chef Dominique Ansel.
June 11, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- ‘Sex, Drugs & Rock ‘N’ Roll!’ Ex Dishes On Liberace’s Celeb-Laden, Cocaine-Fueled Parties
In a BOMBSHELL new interview, Liberace ‘s former lover Scott Thorson opens up about the debauchery and decadence that went on at the revelrous bashes of the late piano maestro.… READ ON
June 11, 2013 - RadarOnline.com
- Almudena Grandes in Forbes
It is too early for him to have left, although I am glad he died without having fallen into decadence,said novelist Almudena Grandes. "He was a mentor to all of us. He exercised literary and vital authority."
- Damien Hirst in Diamonds.net
I just want to celebrate life by saying to hell with death,said Hirst. "What better way of saying that than by taking the ultimate symbol of death and covering it in the ultimate symbol of luxury, desire and decadence?"
- Oscar Wilde in Daily Pioneer
One of the greatest playwrights of the late Victorian era, the Irish-born Wilde commented on white America: "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilisation in between."