deadpan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s deliberately impassive in manner
- r without betraying any feeling
she told the joke deadpan
- Savage Grace, a deadpan chronicle of this cesspool of a household, is presented as a collage of documents and reminiscences, in the manner of the 1982 best seller Edie, another .
- I'm not sure the time will ever quite come for Norman Lear's fantastically weird, deadpan parody of soap operas and consumer culture.
- But a passionate cult audience discovered FOTC's deadpan humor and the interspersed music videos for songs like "The Most Beautiful Girl (in the Room)," a sexy soul ballad to .
News & Articles
- PayPal Teases Cash for Registers Program with Goofy Video
Who knew PayPal had a sense of humor? The online payment giant is attempting to create some buzz for its Cash for Registers program with this goofy video, a spoof of Law & Order and other cop shows that features a couple of detectives attempting to answer the question: "Who killed the cash register?" Best supporting actor role should go to the cash register, which manages to be deadpan ...
June 12, 2013 - Mashable
- Keep On Truckin': The Toyota That Wrecked a San Francisco Home Does Salesmen Proud
Comedian Anthony Griffith used to do a bit about a car salesman winning him over by highlighting how many dead bodies you could cram into a sedan's oversize trunk. When Griffith's less-than-thrilled wife angrily queried why he'd bought that car, his deadpan response was "trunk space." ...
June 11, 2013 - SF Weekly
- 'Violet & Daisy' review: Dark comedy about two teen assassins in NYC
Stop me if you've heard this one before. A couple of hired killers go about their work with dispassionate detachment, conversing in a deadpan, wiseacre patois and existing in some parallel, pop-culture saturated world.
June 6, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Jenny Abramsky in Virgin Media Music
Jenny Abramsky, BBC Director of Audio and Music, said he was "one of the wonders of radio broadcasting for years. He championed British jazz with his weekly programme on Radio 2. At the same time his deadpan stewardship of I'm Sorry I Haven't A...
- Leonard Maltin in Forbes
They were the ultimate in cool,said film historian Leonard Maltin. "I think guys admired and envied them, women wanted to be with them, and I think Joey Bishop's deadpan style of comedy suited that group well. He was a combination straight...