deafening : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be unbearably loud
a deafening noise
- v make or render deaf
a deafening noise
- v make soundproof
- s loud enough to cause (temporary) hearing loss
- If security officials in the Philippines checked ferry-passenger liststhey don'tthe name would have set off deafening alarm bells.
- Even South Korea its fans dressed in chefs' whites, their faces painted with the national flag managed to send out the occasional deafening cheer.
- Housing prices have deflated with a deafening groan.
News & Articles
- They're in the band: Mom and son bond over rock music
Most moms have to yell at their kids to turn down that deafening rock and roll music. But Terri Bear invites her son up on stage and tells him to crank up the volume. When Bear’s group -- the T-Bear Band in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan -- was short a lead guitar player, she knew just who could fill the spot: her son, Malik Olsen, who was only 16 when he started playing. Bear knew her kid could pick ...
June 13, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- VIBE Exclusive: dead prez’s M-1 Reacts To Kanye's NYT Shout-Out: ‘I Consider Myself A Peer’
It seems like you can’t escape Kanye West these days. From his tabloid wet dream relationship with soon-to-be baby mother Kim Kardashian to the deafening hype surrounding his upcoming release Yeezus , due out June 18th, the man seems to be on everyone’s mind. It’s a point made during a recent interview with The New York Times in which West declared that he is, “the Michael Jordan of music ...
June 12, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Rep. Mike Pompeo Holds Non-Violent Muslim Leaders Responsible for Terror Attacks (Video)
Speaking from the House floor on Tuesday, Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., claimed that non-violent Muslim leaders are somehow complicit in terrorism unless they denounce terrorist attacks enough times to meet his satisfaction (video below). "It's been just under two months since the attacks in Boston and in those intervening weeks the silence of those Muslim leaders has been deafening," Pompeo said ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views