- v inflict damage upon
The snow damaged the roof
She damaged the car when she hit the tree
- v suffer or be susceptible to damage
- a harmed or injured or spoiled
I won't buy damaged goods
the storm left a wake of badly damaged buildings
- s being unjustly brought into disrepute
her damaged reputation
- At least 80 percent of the habitat for giant pandas in China's earthquake-hit province was destroyed or damaged.
- Inspired by studies showing that simply using damaged limbs can speed recovery by stimulating nerve cells, the device can also help motivate stroke victims to stay on track with .
- Watchmen is a graphic novela book-length comic book with ambitions above its stationstarring a ragbag of bizarre, damaged, retired superheroes: the paunchy, melancholic Nite .
News & Articles
- Storm-damaged cars showing up in Washington
State Attorney General Bob Ferguson warns that scam artists are bringing vehicles damaged by Hurricane Sandy to Washington and trying to pass them off as if they are not flood damaged.
June 14, 2013 - The Columbian
- Damaged suspension bridge to be fixed
A budget of $217,800 was recently approved by the State Budget Committee to fix the damaged suspension bridge located at Turkey Run State Park.
June 13, 2013 - WLFI Lafayette
- Homes damaged, 3 people missing in gas explosion
WESTMINSTER, Colo., June 13 (UPI) -- As many as three people were missing following a gas explosion Thursday in Westminster, Colo., that damaged about eight homes, officials said.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- Ben Bernanke in International Herald Tribune
If I thought the banks were irrevocably damaged, I would have a different view, but I do believe our major banks have significant franchise values,Bernanke said in testimony before the Senate Banking Committee in Washington.
- President Bush in New York Daily News
The reputation he gained through his years of public service and professional work in the legal community is forever damaged,Bush said. "The consequences of his felony conviction on his former life as a lawyer, public servant and private...
- Roger Goodell in USA Today
In a letter to each player, Goodell wrote: "Your conduct has brought embarrassment and ridicule upon yourself, your club, and the NFL, and has damaged the reputation of players throughout the league. You have put in jeopardy an otherwise promising...