- n small room in which a monk or nun lives
- n small individual study area in a library
- n small area set off by walls for special use
- Fo' real: it was 40 years ago that the geniuses in office design came up with the soul-destroying workspace we call the modern cubicle.
- So enjoy your smaller, cooler company cubicle--just don't get too comfortable.
- Throughout the city, pockets of grimy, small, privately owned apartments are partitioned into about 10 cubicle dwellings, many with a shared toilet and shower in the corner.
News & Articles
- Drew Sharp: Tigers rookie puts on show in one-start call-up
There was no name on Jose Alvarez's cubicle in the further recesses of the Tigers' clubhouse, only his number 52. And that could have been written in pencil. For one day, the young man was pretty impressive answering the emergency call in his major league debut.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Facebook’s Secret To Building Friendships: Many Small Interactions
The design minds behind Facebook share the social network’s most important view--that friendships aren’t made in a moment but built one tiny interaction at a time. In your life, you have at least one relative stranger whom you’ve grown close to. Maybe it’s a doorman. Maybe it’s the cashier at the local bodega. Maybe it’s the guy who works in the next cubicle over. So what if you only know their ...
June 13, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- What are you doing with your cubicle?
Agencies across the government are cutting space. They are shrinking cubicle sizes and they are promoting workstation-sharing along with more telework. More and more federal employees are giving up sole occupation of the traditional cubicle. Have you given up yours? Have you been given then choice? Feel free to comment about what you have seen [...]
June 11, 2013 - Federal Times
- Claire McCaskill in News Item
My sense is that they are no longer thinking they can deliver disaster relief from a cubicle in Virginia, and are fully engaged on the ground,said Sen. Claire McCaskill, a Missouri Democrat.
- Masi Oka in FOXNews
He's wide-eyed. He's an adventurer,says Oka. "He's someone who was stuck in the monotony of being a cubicle office worker thinking there's got to be more to life, and he never gave up on that dream. I'm fortunate to live variously through...
- Geoff Ogilvy in The Age
The peeing for me was instant, because I needed one, but the whole process, with the paperwork, was probably 15 minutes,said Ogilvy. "He's standing in the cubicle when you're peeing in the beaker. He's making sure you're doing it, but it...