- n a compartment in a stable where a single animal is confined and fed
- n small area set off by walls for special use
- n a booth where articles are displayed for sale
- n a malfunction in the flight of an aircraft in which there is a sudden loss of lift that results in a downward plunge
the plane went into a stall and I couldn't control it
- n seating in the forward part of the main level of a theater
- n small individual study area in a library
- n a tactic used to mislead or delay
- v postpone doing what one should be doing
- v come to a stop
The car stalled in the driveway
- v deliberately delay an event or action
she doesn't want to write the report, so she is stalling
- v put into, or keep in, a stall
- v experience a stall in flight, of airplanes
- v cause an airplane to go into a stall
- v cause an engine to stop
The inexperienced driver kept stalling the car
- A Senator's humiliating fall has turned a bathroom stall into a tourist attraction, much to the consternation of airport officials.
- But Palestinian security sources tell PTI that the conditions presented Wednesday are little more than a stall tactic, and that the seizure of the two men has much more to do with .
- Opposite him another stall soon blossomed specializing in under-the-counter sales of high-priced coral carvings.
News & Articles
- 2013 Dodge Dart Recalled For Engine Stall Problem
Chrysler is conducting a voluntary safety recall of certain 2013 model year Dodge Dart compact cars for a potential engine stall problem. A notice on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website puts the number of vehicles potentially affected by the recall at 12,907. Affected vehicles are equipped with a 1.4-liter MultiAir...
June 13, 2013 - The Car Connection
- Tuukka Rask on Game 1 loss to Blackhawks: ‘We just gave it away’
CHICAGO -- Tuukka Rask stood in front of his stall in the Boston Bruins locker room and summed up their Game 1 triple-overtime loss to the Chicago Blackhawks concisely. "We had the game," said Rask. "We were up 3-1 in … Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Chrysler recalls 15,000 Darts; engines can stall
Chrysler recalls 15,000 Darts; engines can stall Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 11:40 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 The recall affects 2013 model year cars with 1.4-liter four-cylinder engines and dual-clutch automatic transmissions. The Dart, the first car totally made with ...
June 12, 2013 - seattlepi.com