culm : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n stem of plants of the Gramineae
- Thence the roadbed becomes a chute between cliffs, trees, coal tupples and culm banks into Wilkes-Barre, on the Susquehanna River.
- Hard coal diggings had scarred Scranton's hills and undermined its streets; the exhausted mines threatened to cave in the whole economy of the polyglot community among the culm .
- The task of dredging out millions of tons of accumulated silt and culm is ready to begin.
News & Articles
- Yardsmart: Bamboo is pernicious and persistent
Like bedbugs, bamboo loves to travel. It moves — silent but deadly — underground until its presence is noted on the surface by innocent little green shoots called culms. By the time they appear, the ground is already infested with the traveling rhizomes.
Nov. 4, 2013 - The MetroWest Daily News