- n a large number of things or people considered together
a crowd of insects assembled around the flowers
- n an informal body of friends
he still hangs out with the same crowd
- v cause to herd, drive, or crowd together
- v fill or occupy to the point of overflowing
The students crowded the auditorium
- v to gather together in large numbers
men in straw boaters and waxed mustaches crowded the verandah
- v approach a certain age or speed
- Unabashedly, the crowddistinguished by such personages as Sweden's King Gustave, the Duchess of Kentmade "Old Drob" its sentimental favorite.
- Wal-Mart, The Who, and a short history of crowd crushes.
- If you get your information from liberal sources, the crowd numbered about 70,000, many of them greedy racists.
News & Articles
- Crowd goes wild for USA, Seattle star at World Cup qualifier
A crowd of 40,847 at CenturyLink Field cheered both its national team and its local players Tuesday, as Seattle Sounders FC forward Eddie Johnson scored in the United States’ 2-0 World Cup qualifying win over Panama.
June 12, 2013 - Tacoma News Tribune
- G2 Crowd – disrupting the Gartner quadrant model
G2 Crowd's co-founder Matt Gorniak wants to disrupt the Gartner quadrant model for the dissemination of high quality, unbiased research and data to buyers and investors in business technology.
June 12, 2013 - ZDNet
- Crowd protests Barrington fire service split
Barrington's village board Monday night was deluged by a standing-room-only crowd of firefighters and residents angered by the planned split of the village fire department and Barrington Countryside Fire Protection District at the end of the year. Many in the crowd held yellow signs with slogans in black, like "We Support One Barrington Fire Department" and "Public Safety Should Be Public ...
June 11, 2013 - Daily Herald
- John McCain in Reuters
Let me offer an advance warning to the old, big spending, do-nothing, me-first, country-second Washington crowd: change is coming,McCain said.
- Shaun Micheel in CBSSports.com (blog)
I was trying to win for her last week,he said. "I was excited about playing in front of the hometown crowd. I had a lot of great momentum carrying over from the qualifier and everything. I played well. I really didn't expect to come up one...