crew : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the men and women who man a vehicle (ship, aircraft, etc.)
- n an organized group of workmen
- n an informal body of friends
- n the team of men manning a racing shell
- v serve as a crew member on
- But The Australian has reported that the fuel was deliberately ignited by the Indonesian crew members, believed to be human smugglers, as an attempt to prevent authorities from .
- This crew flew into that anniversary and marked the moment on board.
- In the play, Paris Bound, a suave gentleman boasts that he once stroked the Vassar crew.
News & Articles
- Cruise ship crew spending benefits local businesses
Crew spending creates a local economic impact Many cruise ship passengers fly in and out of South Florida airports, stay in area hotels and patronize restaurants and taxis, but they aren't the only ones leaving an economic footprint on the community.
June 13, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Crew says he's not looking to leave Oregon
Crew says he's not looking to leave Oregon (AP) — Rudy Crew says he's not looking to leave his job as Oregon's first chief education officer but has applied for the presidency at a New York City college at the request of "a dear friend." Crew says he decided to take a look at the presidency because he has strong roots in New York, where he was raised and was also chancellor of the public school ...
June 12, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Columbus Crew injuries piling up forcing lineup changes: "We don't have much of a choice"
OBETZ, Ohio – Columbus Crew coach Robert Warzycha promised a strong lineup for the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup third-round match against the Dayton Dutch Lions last month and he delivered, though it came at a cost.
June 11, 2013 - MLS via Yahoo! Sports
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
He said, 'Me and my crew, we were just doing our job.' And it made me think, if everybody did their job -- whatever that job was -- as well as that pilot did his job, we'd be in pretty good shape,Obama said.
- Patrick Smith in Guardian Unlimited
Whatever happened must have happened very fast, which is usually a sign of catastrophic structural failure,said Patrick Smith, a US based airline pilot and aviation commentator. "A plane never takes off into a thunderstorm, no crew or...
- AR Rahman in Myiris.com
I just want to thank again, the whole crew of `Slumdog Millionaire` especially Danny Boyle for giving me such a great opportunity,said Rahman.