- n black birds having a raucous call
- n the cry of a cock (or an imitation of it)
- n a member of the Siouan people formerly living in eastern Montana
- n a small quadrilateral constellation in the southern hemisphere near Virgo
- n an instance of boastful talk
- n a Siouan language spoken by the Crow
- v dwell on with satisfaction
- v express pleasure verbally
She crowed with joy
- v utter shrill sounds
The cocks crowed all morning
- To prove the verminosity of the crow, an expedition of the duPont company went to the islands off the Virginia coast, habitat of the "fish crow"peculiarly vicious.
- The ominous crow was retired; the slogan became "Wake up your liver bile!" Jingles urged readers and radio listeners: "When you feel sour and sunk, and the world looks punk .
- The crow stopped occasionally, but it covered about half a mile, as an erratic crow flies, before it roosted invitingly in a tree just beyond a ramshackle, wooden building.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
Obama described Wright as a product of the segregation and disparities "passed on from an earlier generation that suffered under the brutal legacy of slavery and Jim Crow."