gloat : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n malicious satisfaction
- v dwell on with satisfaction
- v gaze at or think about something with great self-satisfaction, gratification, or joy
- John O'Donnell, Washington columnist for the New York Daily News, who hates the New Deal and loves to gloat, found something to gloat about last week.
- Thus reads one verse of a famed German gloat-hymn, but the fame of the Emden will not live in gloat-verse alone.
- Calm amid the chaos was the Old Man, triumphant as usual in a political battle and gracious enough not to gloat.
News & Articles
- Still plenty of time for Rangers to find top form
As much as Texas Ranger fans want to gloat when it comes to how great their team is despite no World Series championships, or as much as they worry during their recent six-game losing streak, they must realize there is plenty of time to make another deep postseason run and forget about the 2012 collapse.
June 22, 2013 - The Marshall News Messenger
- Summer arrives, and North Jersey is ready to live the longest day
Today is the summer solstice, the longest day. In North Jersey, we'll get more than 15 hours of daylight. Go ahead and gloat – that's nearly an hour and a half more daylight than Key West, Fla., will get today. For those who like daylight — pretty much everyone save Dracula — today is a day to celebrate.
June 21, 2013 - The Record
- Peter King in International Herald Tribune
He has to step down. No one will stand with him,said Rep. Peter King, a Republican congressman from Long Island. "I never try to take advantage or gloat over a personal tragedy. However, this is different. This is a guy who is so...
- Josh Heytvelt in Washington Post
It's nothing to gloat about at this point,Heytvelt said of the 2006 game. "We have a game a lot bigger than that coming up."
- Sir Alex Ferguson in Telegraph.co.uk
I am sure Jose understands winning and losing are twins in a way,said Ferguson. "You have to deal with them in the same way. When you win, you don't need to gloat, when you have a defeat you don't go bananas, you accept it. He was very...