crone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an ugly evil-looking old woman
- The pompous court physician is professionally adamant about the exactitude of his countdown to death, and the carping old crone (Eva Le Gallienne) who was the king's first wife .
- Accompanying cartoons have depicted her as a shaven-headed, toothless cronea "democracy sorceress" spitting invective.
- The old crone lit out for the village, screaming for help.
News & Articles
- The Weirdest Thing on the Internet Tonight: Colour Bleed
In this beautifully haunting short film written and directed by Peter Szewczyk, an idealistic young woman meets her demise in a most peculiar fashion at the hands of a poisonous, spiteful crone. But will her death also lead to the downfall of the city around her? Read more...
July 4, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Petra Burka in The Chronicle Journal
Crone and Poirier have been excellent, they've been doing an amazing job,said team manager Petra Burka of Toronto. "When they perform, they are like one unit. They have wonderful presentation, great skating skills, the whole package. They...
- Ursula K Le Guin in New York Times
In one of her extraordinary essays, "The Space Crone," Ursula Le Guin wrote that old women would make the best space explorers.