counseling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
- v give advice to
- Compared with heterosexuals, more than twice as many gays, lesbians and bisexuals seek counseling for mental health problems or substance abuse, according to research from the .
- End-of-life counseling on issues like living wills and powers of attorney is something he could clearly use--from a skilled professional who, unlike me, knows the best way to .
- How important is Medicare reimbursement for doctors counseling patients about end-of-life care? For some people one conversation is enough, and you get the whole picture and they .
News & Articles
- Telephone Counseling Can Aid Recovery After Breast Cancer
New research suggests telephone-based counseling, when combined with physician advice, can help breast cancer survivors with their recovery. Investigators determined the telephonic counseling helps women become more physically active, improving quality of life and lessening the side effects of cancer treatment. Investigators discovered that women who received exercise advice from their surgeon ...
June 13, 2013 - Psych Central
- Counseling days expanded at IVCC Ottawa Center
Additional counseling appointments are available at the Illinois Valley Community College Ottawa Center, 321 W. Main St., for students planning to register for fall classes. Counseling is available day and night by appointment on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Call 815-224-0800
June 12, 2013 - The Ottawa Times
- Counseling, budget on school board agenda
by Chris Kenrick The Board of Education will be asked to vote tonight on "site plans" for guidance counseling services at Gunn and Palo Alto high schools. Members also will discuss a proposed school-district operating budget of $169 million for 2013-14.
June 11, 2013 - Palo Alto Weekly