condensing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of increasing the density of something
- v undergo condensation; change from a gaseous to a liquid state and fall in drops
- v make more concise
- v remove water from
- v cause a gas or vapor to change into a liquid
- v become more compact or concentrated
- v develop due to condensation
- v compress or concentrate
- Paul Berman in New York Times
About the chill in the intellectual climate, Mr. Berman writes: "Two developments account for it - two large new realities that, condensing overhead, have altered the intellectual atmosphere down below, almost without being noticed. The first of...
- Pietro Scalia in Sfilate
The idea of distilling the complexity of Prada's new men's fragrance, Infusion d'Homme, into an audio-visual experience by condensing the essence of nine different short films, was too intriguing to pass up,said Scalia. "Young filmmakers...
- Mike Scioscia in Los Angeles Times
At some point, we will have to look at condensing the [regular-season] schedule, maybe schedule some doubleheaders for each team to shorten the season seven to 10 days,Angels Manager Mike Scioscia said. "If you run into some bad weather...