- n the act of conceding or yielding
- v admit (to a wrongdoing)
- v be willing to concede
- v give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
- v acknowledge defeat
- Carlos Bocanegra in The Associated Press
The funny thing is, we talk about, you know, don't concede early,Bocanegra said. "And man, it's been our trademark lately, conceding early."
- Oscar Tabarez in The Associated Press
The key to Uruguay's improvement (at the end of the game) was South Korea's goal. We stopped thinking about not conceding a goal,Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez said. "Luckily, Suarez scored a spectacular goal that gave us victory."
- Ricki Herbert in BBC Sport
It's a special night for me, I couldn't be any prouder,added Herbert, whose side play Italy on Sunday. "I thought the opening game was a good chance to get something and I would have been disappointed with a loss after conceding a goal...